FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2001 hyundai santa fe: bent..valves..we had the heads, timing belt

I have a 2001 hyundai santa fe. 2 months ago the timing belt broke and bent some valves and we had the heads, timing belt, etc. replaced. They also replaced an ignition switch and we got a brand new battery.
the car will not make any noise, not even clicks. I still get power because the radio comes on and the windows roll up and down. What could be causing this? I have 4 cylinders, not 6.

Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer it sounds like it may be a dead battery. Even some power will run the windows and radio and not crank the engine. If the battery is fine then it may be a defective ignition switch.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It could still be the battery if though I replaced it less than a month ago? Also I was driving when it cut off. I was going almost 70mph down the freeway when it stopped.

Would this happen with a battery or ignition switch?

Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
It can happen to either one. If the battery ran out of power due to a bad alternator this can happen. Do you get any type of noise when turning the key to crank the engine?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No. There is no noise at all.

Expert:  FixItMan replied 7 years ago.
Okay, then it sounds like this new ignition switch has failed.