Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My car is missing and blowing white smoke out the tail pipe.

Customer Question

My car is missing and blowing white smoke out the tail pipe. Gas is coming from the tail pipe. We have changed the spark plugs, checked the coil packs. The car says miss fire on cylinder 1. We changed the coil packs around and it still says miss fire on cylinder 1. We changed the fuel injector on cylinder 1. The problem seemed to clear up but the next morning you could smell gas in the car and the missing and smoking started back. It has 60,000 miles on it. We also unplugged the battery overnight to see if we needed to reset the computer but that didn't work. Help! It is a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Submitted: 7 years ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Car
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.

Hello!

What color is the smoke that is coming out of the til pipe? Is it Blue, Black or white smoke?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
white
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.

White smoke out of the tail pipe is an indication of he engine burning coolant. You might have a blown head gasket or a cracked head. You will need to have your cooling system checked for any Hydrocarbons in your radiator. If there are Hydrocarbons, then the head gasket will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my car is not over heating
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.
It does not have to over heat.... you could still be burning coolant
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its not using any water and not blowing water out the tail pipe. It is blowing gas out the tail pipe--my mechanic has done checked this
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.

SO it is blowing gas out of the tail pipe you say?

Have we checked fuel trigger on number one cylinder?

Does fuel pressure leak down key on engine off?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I told you we changed the fuel injector
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 years ago.
That does not mean the fuel injector is getting a signal from the computer to fire
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
so how do you make it get a signal to fire?