Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a problem with a mazda 6 2004 3.0L, I HAVE THE CODE

i have a problem with a mazda 6 2004 3.0L, I HAVE THE CODE P022 AND I REPLACED THE OCV AND PROBLEMS CONTINUES.
THE ENGINE IS RECENTLY BUILT, THANK YOU!
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Hello;
P022 is not a valid OBD2 fault code for this model year; can you confirm the code number and model year of the vehicle please? OBD2 fault codes should be in the format of a letter indicating the module of origin, followed by three numerical digits.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the car is a mazda 6 of 2004, the engine is 3.0 DOHC, THE CODE IS P0022 AT THIS MOMENT THE CAR IS RUNNING FINE, BUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON AND FOR THIS RESON IS NOT PASING INSPECTION.

THE MECHANIC SUGESSTED OCV CHANGE, AND WE DID IT BUT THE CODE IS STILL THERE, WE HAVE DONE RESET BUT 10MIN LATER THE LIGHT COMES BACK ON.

THANK YOU!

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Hi,how are you?Trouble code p0022 means CMP timing over-retarded ,basically what this means is the timing is over advance . CAM sensors would need to be checked,it is possible that a cAM pulley could be stuck.
Also as a precaution i would check the engine oil.Thank you.
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.