NicksSticks
NicksSticks, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford Drivetrain and Chassis Master, ASE Master Technician
21564301

2000 Lincoln LS: fuse box..box location for door locks and power seats

Customer Question

2000 Lincoln LS - fuse box location for door locks and power seats, please
thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  NicksSticks replied 7 years ago.
Hi!
fuse # XXXXX or F421 in the battery junction box, which is located in the trunk, under the spare tire mat,
is the fuse for your drivers seat. It is a 20 amp fuse and the number 30 will be on the plastic cover that covers the fuses.
Next, In the central junction box, located under the hood, you will find fuse f207 which controls other features of the seat,
Next, fuse f420 located in the battery junction box, next to the battery in the trunk contorls power to the windows.
A Lincoln LS is a complex vehicle with multiple modules (or computers) that can act erratic due to many reasons. Let me know if you need more precise location of the fuse boxes.
Thanks
Nick.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

this what the manual says but in my car there is no any fuse box in the trunk under the mat for the spare tire.

Can send pictures to confirm.

thanks

Have you located the battery in the trunk?
Hi! did some further research, and actually looked at a lincoln LS model year 2000 and the battery junction box is in the trunk.
Are we sure this is a LS? It should be located next to the battery in the trunk, and have a black cover.
Let me know.
Thanks
Nick.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes, the battery is in the front under the hood and I have found a small distribution box located on the driver's side with high ampacity fuses. One of them located in the middle row: a 30Amp fuse was blown. The box has no description on it was difficult to open it.

I replaced with another 30Amp fuse from the same box and both seats and door locks became operational.

I think the car was made in Canada and definately it is LS Signature Series.

Please let me know how to deal with your fee.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

the following is the only one out of three your references that lead me to the right solution:

..... Next, In the central junction box, located under the hood, you will find fuse f207 which controls other features of the seat....

so, I would suggest one third of the original fee amount should be acceptable.

Please let me know.

thanks,

Josef Repsch

Thats great, thanks so much.
All you have to do is hit the "ACCEPT" button, and it will be taken care of.
Thats great to know about this model.
Thanks so much,
Nick.