danny
danny, Mechanic
Experience:  Mechanic at school corp bus garage! Experience in fleet diesel and regular automotive.
17254274

Lincoln Aviator: drivers door..power window..it, the door panel is

Customer Question

04 Lincoln Aviator drivers door power window cable came off track, how do I replace it, the door panel is off, can't see where cable goes?
Category: Car
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.

Does this give you a better idea.

Heavy Duty Riveter

SPECIAL TOOL(S)

REMOVAL

NOTE:

• RF side shown. LF side similar.
  • The LF window motor must be reinitialized whenever: the motor is removed from window regulator drum housing, a new motor is installed, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, glass top run removal or installation, and when carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system. A new LF window motor will be in a proportional up/down mode until initialized.
  1. Remove the front door trim panel.
  2. Remove the door weathershield.
  3. Remove the front door speaker.
  4. Disconnect and position aside the exterior mirror electrical connector.

1. Remove the components in the order indicated in the illustration and table. To remove individual parts, only carry out the listed steps.

Item 4: Glass Removal Note

NOTE: The LF window motor must be reinitialized whenever: the motor is removed from window regulator drum housing, a new motor is installed, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, glass top run removal or installation, or when carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system. A new LF window motor will be in a proportional up/down mode until initialized.

1. If removing only the front door window glass regulator assembly and motor, tape window in the closed position after removing rivets.

1. If removing the front door window glass, pull glass out through the top inboard side of the door.

Item 7: Regulator Assembly Removal Note

1. NOTE: The LF window motor must be reinitialized whenever: the motor is removed from window regulator drum housing, a new motor is installed, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, glass top run removal or installation, or when carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system. A new LF window motor will be in a proportional up/down mode until initialized. Disconnect the window regulator motor electrical connector and pull the motor through the door opening.

Item 9: Window Motor Removal Note

1. NOTE: The LF window motor must be reinitialized whenever: the motor is removed from window regulator drum housing, a new motor is installed, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, glass top run removal or installation, or when carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system. A new LF window motor will be in a proportional up/down mode until initialized. Use a flat-blade screwdriver between the window regulator motor and window regulator assembly to hold the window regulator assembly drum in place.

Item 11: Glass Top Run Assembly Removal Note

1. NOTE: The LF window motor must be reinitialized whenever: the motor is removed from window regulator drum housing, a new motor is installed, a new window regulator is installed, a new window glass is installed, glass top run removal or installation, or when carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system. A new LF window motor will be in a proportional up/down mode until initialized. Remove the glass top run assembly up through the top opening of the front door.

INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  2. If the work was carried out on the LF door, reinitialize the LF window motor.

Item 3: Rivet Installation Note

1. Lower the front door window glass as necessary to access rivets.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The motor still works the cable just popped off track/pully, I just need to know how to put it back on track.
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
Are the images I sent helping or can you not view them larger?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The glass is down in the door, I can't put it up. The motor is working, because I hear it moving, the cable moves freely, how do I put the cable back on the pully? I can't tell from pictures.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is 1:18 AM and I still do not see how the cable is attached to the glass. Still waiting your reply.
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.
You will need to get the window up with duct tape and secure it with the duct tape the adhesive should help you grab onto it while you get it started. I am putting in a request for my site to provide a exploded diagram. That way you can see how the cable routes. This could take a bit I think they might not be open on sunday
Expert:  danny replied 7 years ago.

This is going to be the best diagram I can send you. Your only other option is to take off the other door panel for reference.