Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience ,ASE Master Certified Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant
25011965

tar splattered on my car windshield...very tiny specs

I have tar splattered on my car windshield. They are very tiny specs and have been there about 2 months.
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Greeting's
I would recommend carefully using a razor blade to scrape the tar from the windshield, then if need be, put some mineral spirits on a rag to clean any remaining residue, just keep it off the paint.
I hope this is helpful.
Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you Steve....I believe my husband already tried the razor blade without any luck. I will have to wait until morning to go outside to try your fix-it so will get back to you right away after I do that.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Greeting's
Did that work for you? If so, please hit accept. If you have further questions, let me know.
Thank You
Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been unable to try it so far.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Just let me know how it goes when you get a chance to try this. It should work just fine.
Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Your answer wasn't anything new to me. I was hoping you would know of some magical stuff that would do the job. My husband has already tried your suggestion with no luck, however I want to go out and do it again. It has been raining here all day though. So because I asked the question, I will accept it so you can get paid.

Thanks Steve.