Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience ,ASE Master Certified Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant

Montero Sport: battery but the car wont iddle it turns off why

I have a Montero Sport and i just replaced the battery but the car won't iddle it turns off why?
Is the engine just stalling at idle? Did it have any of these symptoms before the battery replacement? Can you rev the engine up to 1500-2000 rpm without it dying? Was the key on during battery replacement?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes the engine stalls during iddle, this only happend after changing the batery. If I keep the engine reved up it won't happen.
How long has the engine run since the battery was installed? Have you driven the vehicle at all since the battery replacement?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
probably 10 minutes, the amount it took me to get home from AutoZone
When the battery was disconnected it forces the computer to relearn. You will need to drive the vehicle for a longer period for this to go away.
I hope this was helpful.