Steve
Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience ,ASE Master Certified Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant
25011965

94 Isuzu Trooper: aieport and girlfriend drove the truck back home

Hello, I have a 94 Isuzu Trooper. I have owned it for about a year. I was droped off at the aieport and girlfriend drove the truck back home. It is a 5 speed. She made the trip home and then in the morning clutch pedal seems to not disengage the trany from the drive wheel. I haven't been back to the truck yet. When I bought the unit it was said to have had a new clutch. I don't know about possible adjustments to linkage or fluid levels. any ideas for me?
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
Greeting's
The first thing you'll need to check is the fluid level in the reservoir of the clutch master cylinder. If it's low you'll need to find where it leaked. Check both the slave cylinder and the clutch master cylinder. Look at the slave cylinder, it's bolted into the bell housing on the transmission, look for any signs of leakage. Look at the clutch master cylinder where it comes through the firewall under the dash, look for leakage there. Check all the lines for leakage. If the fluid was not low, then I would suspect a mechanical problem with the pressure plate, these are a unique design where the release bearing clips into the pressure plate and pulls instead of pushing. If this comes apart you'll be unable to release the clutch. This would require transmission remove to repair.
I hope this was helpful.
Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Sort of sounds like trouble ahead. I will look for the clutch master cylinder, it must be under the hood. I don't have a clue. Thanks for the info though. I want to hope that it is actually operator error. She has driven the rig a number of times so it might need to head for the shop.
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
The clutch master cylinder will be on the drivers side of the firewall, directly in line with the clutch pedal, just higher.
Hope this helps.
Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 7 years ago.
If the answer was helpful, please hit Accept. If you need more help, feel free to ask.
Thank You
Steve