Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn
14297198

2003 Olds Alero: cuts..ten minutes..the security light

I have a 2003 Olds Alero with the passkey protection system. About once a week it trips all by itself and cuts off fuel to the car. I then have to wait ten minutes with the key in the on position until the security light stops flashing and then the car will start. What is causing the security system to disable my car?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
Hello, what we most commonly see causing these problems is a faulty ignition switch, which includes the passlock module, the module will lose your key from it's memory requiring you to relearn the key with the 10 minute process. Generally replacment of the ignition switch takes care of this issue.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.