ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience on imports and domestics. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

my freon, I need to know where to connect the gauge..low side

I am trying to check my freon, I need to know where to connect the gauge, I cannot find the low side of the line.
Hi, that is component #5.. it is on the line running towards the firewall...
Hope it helps!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The lines running toward the firewall come off the dryer, component #17 is in clear view. The alternator is on the passenger side of the engine compartment and it appears the compressor is on the driver side of the engine, but at the bottom of the engine and not in clear view. I understand the logic of the diagram, but need help with the physical placement of component #5, as I cannot locate it. It may be hidden under something, not really sure. Thanks for your assistance.
Oh.. Im sorry, that picture is not very good is it?
OK.. the service port is the one on the compressor line..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Finally I was able to find the low side of the compressor. Thanks a bunch, I was able to verify 45lbs of pressure, so when I take the car to the shop, I know the system is working, just not cooling. I think the issue is a switch, sensor or maybe a fuse I could not find, but at least I know I don't need a new AC system.
That is always a good feeling. .. like WHEW!!!!! Laughing
Thanks, too!