importdoctor, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified, 10+ years experience

h2 hummer and would like to turn back odometer for myself..along time

Iam purchasing an h2 hummer and would like to turn back odometer for myself i,m not going to sell this and will notify car fax it,s just for personal reasons my last truck i kept to 300k so this is going no were for along time thanks Pat
Category: Car
Expert:  importdoctor replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for using just answer.

THis cannot be accomplished, the milage is burned into the body control module, there is no "altering" the mileage on these units aside from being illeagal it cannot be done for any reason. THe only time that the mileage can be manually input is when the body control module is replaced with a new part the technician has 1 shot to program the correct mileage.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i was told by another mechanic that there is a way it can be done are you not aware of this also you said it,s not legal even if you document correct milage and mark as rolled back Pat
My answer stands.