Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

my serice engine light came on my 2004 mitsubishi galant 4

my serice engine light came on my 2004 mitsubishi galant 4 cyl. my machanic ran the test and it came up with a po441 code,he said it was air in the fuel system.he checked it out and there was no leak indicated. he reset the light and a week later it came back on again. is there a service bulliton on this? please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There not any recall for that. There is a test for it though.

Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow

DTC P0441 sets when the negative fuel tank pressure is below -2.0 kPa (-0.6 inHg) during normal driving. During driving, fuel tank pressure is monitored continuously by the OBD-II system EVAP monitor as the PCM closes the purge and vent solenoids.

The most likely reason for DTC P0441 to set during the EVAP monitor is due to a blockage or restriction on the vent side of the system (in a hose, vent valve, or frame where a hose vents). Since the fuel tank pressure sensor is continuously monitored, whenever the fuel tank pressure sensor reads below -2 kPa (-0 .6 inHg), DTC P0441 will set.

Here is a link to the test procedure. However, dont' forget to come back and hit the accept button, that is the only way we get paid, thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you i will give this info to my machanic in the a.m.