Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn

Hummer day that my 2 regular brake lights..turn signals..lamps

(2007 Hummer H3)-I was told one day that my 2 regular brake lights weren't working (the cyclops light continued to work). I noticed when I returned home that the turn signals also didn't work (they are the same lamps). So, I replaced a burned fuse and each lamp (hoping to cover my bases). Now, the driver side works fine (both brake and turn), the cyclops light works fine but the passenger side lamp is always on (even when the car is shut off). Depressing the brake pedal or using the turn signal has no effect, it is just always on.
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Hello, the turn signals are switched on and off by the body control module, what's happened is the driver for the RR signal has stuck in the on position, this could have happened for a variety of reasons, but it's likely related to whatever overcurrent condition caused the fuse to blow. If you have a trailer towing harness on the vehicle that'd be the first place I'd look as they're a very very common cause for issues like this. If you do replace the body control module it has to be programmed by the dealer, so it's best to just have them replace it.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.