Dino, Technician
Experience:  have lots of general auto exp in all cars over 24 yeas in this profession

2004 Hyundai Sonata: accelerating..slipping..check engine light came

I have a 2004 Hyundai Sonata. Yesterday while accelerating, when my vehicle reached 20 mph, it felt as though the engine was slipping and that it would not go beyond that speed...the check engine light came on at that time as well. I pulled over and coasted to a stop and while coasting the check engine light went off. What might be the problem?
hello welcome to the site.
is this a auto or manual.
the first place to start is have this scanned,auto zone or advanced auto parts will scan this for free.
let me know what the codes are so we can continue .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok please check the transmission fluid and then have it scanned .
the transmission might have a internal failure.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I dont have the car at the moment, it is at a shop but they dont work until Monday. I am trying to get some info before they look at it.
ok im thinking the transmission is on the blink. but with out knowing the codes and the condition of the transmission fluid.
from your description it sounds like the transmission is slipping or the transmission is not shifting.