Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn

My engine light..hesitation on acceleration for a short time..emission

My engine light is on and there is some hesitation on acceleration for a short time before car seems to go for a while. I am driving the car from Pennsylania to Florida. A Mechanic by pnone said that this was probably a emission valve and that I could drive the car to Forida. Do you agree??
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 6 years ago.
Generally emmissions faults will have no symptoms other than the check engine light. With that being said, as long as the check engine light isn't flashing you're likely going to be fine to make the drive. It'd be best if you could get the vehicle scanned at a place like autozone to find out exactly why the check engine light is on, but it's most likely not an urgent matter.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.