Mike S.
Mike S., Mechanic
Experience:  25+ years experience as an auto mechanic.

2002 Montero sport: fuses and relays..hood..steering wheel

Good Morning. I have a 2002 Montero sport that has low beam headlight problems. Findings so far are All fuses and relays have been checked under the hood and the small box under the steering wheel. We did find one fuse a 25 amp fuse blown under the hood (one of two masters) I can drive the car with high beam but as I click over to low beam nothing. I do see a power drain on the internal digital clock over head. We also replaced both bulbs a few weeks ago and they were checked. The only are not checked is the "relay" box under/next to the little fuse box under the steeling wheel on the driver side. If we can't get this resolved I would need an electrical diagram of the headlights to trace back before I take it to the dealer.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could you point me to the right set of fuses and I will check. Just need another set of eyes. As you know electrical can get frustrating.
In the bottom pic on the left side before the headlights, where it says 15 and 16. 10 amp
Do you have a 12 volt test light to check the wires just incase the fuses are ok?