Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  13 years of experience, Factory training for Honda, Hyundai, Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Saturn
14297198

1997 colt: for the new 1.1 litre gas/propane model..plastic

I am trading in my 1997 colt for the new 1.1 litre gas/propane model. Since I made the decision quickly, the fuel tank is full and I wanted to drain it before trading it in. However, when putting a flexible plastic tube into the gas outlet, I can't seem to penetrate into the fuel tank itself in order to pump the fuel out. Is it because there is a filter or an antitheft block before the tank? If so, how can I get around this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
Yes, there's a valve at the fuel tank, in order to bypass it you'd need to take the filler hose off of the tank and manually open the valve so you can get into the tank to siphon the fuel out. I'm not sure it's worth that amount of work to get your gas back though.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, Josh. Great job. Worth the wait and the answer. I hope it didn't take you but just a thought to give me the answer. I accept your worthy advice.