Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager
2947720

horn doesnt stop blowing when i put it back together

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  ase_master327 replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for asking.. What is the model of your 2006 Chrysler?
There are several models that use this engine....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its a base model
Base model....
Hmmm.... That is not a model, but a trim package for something like a 300.. or a Sebring, whatever... unless you are not in the US.. Anyways.. I am going to open your question up for the other experts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its a 2006 chrysler 300 (its not a tourning or a srt) it is just a 300 and not a 300c
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Is there something that you are putting back together that is causing the horn to sound?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.
Okay. Let's start with, "What is the problem with the horn" and was there any work done to the vehicle pryor to the problem?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no sir, I took the steering wheel off to have it customized. Got it back and when I put it back together, I plug the horn up first and it just sounded of when ever I turn the key to on. I forgot, while the steering wheel was out I had the tipm module changed the control module
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.

That sounds like the horn switch is sticking. It is part of the air bag module in the steering wheel.

SWITCH-HORN

DESCRIPTION
The horn switch is molded into the driver airbag cover. The horn switch can not be serviced separately.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So there is nothing I can do to stop the problem except replace it!
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.
Yes, they are not serviceable and need to be replaced when there is a problem within them, sorry to say.