Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

1996 mazda 626: the bump my check engine light came..car alarm

Dear sir while driving my 1996 mazda 626 i hit a bump in the road . after hiting the bump my check engine light came on, my door ajar light came on. my radio stopped working my car alarm stopped working help
Hi,how are you?From your description,it is most likely electrical.Since this occured after hitting a bump,my thoughts are that an electrical wire running to the battery cable most likely the positive cable has either came loose at the terminal or came completly off of the terminal.Other causes could be a starter wire that has worked its way loose,same with the alternator,causing the electrical system to loose a good ground.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could you tell me where the computer whould hook up on the mazda is it underneath the car or not
The hook up point is under the drivers side dash.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

so to check for diagnostic would be where

To check for a diagnostic trouble code,the plug in for the scanner is located under the drivers side dash.