Steve, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience ,ASE Master Certified Technician, ASE Certified Service Consultant

I put a new alternator belt on about 2 keeps..tighten

I put a new alternator belt on about 2 eeks ago, now my car keeps stalling out. is possible that I can over tighten the belt
Category: Car
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
It is possible to over tighten a belt, and this can lead to failure of bearings of the alternator or any other accessories the belt goes around. It can also cause premature belt failure, but it's not likely related to the engine stalling. The stalling can be related to many things, like vacuum leaks, engine misfire, sensor malfunction, or idle air control malfunction. Unfortunately this will need to be diagnosed to determine the cause.
I hope this was helpful.