SUPRYZE
SUPRYZE, Technician/Shop Foreman
Experience:  GM & Saab Certified, ASE Master Technician
6758627

Cl550: three codes..scanned..My car is Oldsmobile Intrigue 2000

Hello, I have three codes after I scanned. 1. C0550, 2. C0896 and 3. C0450. My car is Oldsmobile Intrigue 2000. If I replace modulator will it takes care all of these problems? Thank you!
Category: Car
Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 7 years ago.

Hello! The C0550 is an "ECU Malfunction" which by itself usually condems the ABS module. The C0896 is a low voltage code, which can set if there is a wiring problem, charging system problem, or again, a faulty ECU. There is a very good chance that replacing the ABS Module would fix these codes.

However, the C0450 may or may not be fixed by replacement of the module. That code is for the Magna Steer actuator, located on the Steeringn Gear.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

How do I fix the problem below? Where can I find or locate the steering Gear? What is it called if I have to buy parts? Thank you!

Expert:  SUPRYZE replied 7 years ago.
I wouldn't worry about that code, until you fix the others two codes and this one comes back. The reason for that, is that it "may" be related and may not come back. If thats the case, that would be great, because you cannot replace just the MagnaSteer actuator, you must replace the entire steering gear (also called the Rack & Pinion). This will be expensive, and if related to the other codes, may be unnessacary.