brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

my car feels like it will stall when I stop at a light intermittently

my car feels like it will stall when I stop at a light intermittently and takes an extra second or two to turn over when i start it
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Car?
-What make and model is your Car?
-What type of engine is in your Car?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2002 Mazda Protege 5
Don't know what type of engine
Oil, lube and filter and 20 point check they do with it, fuel injector cleaner, air filter is ok they said

You will need to remove the idle air control motor (number 2 in the picture) and clean out the passage way for it and clean it as well. Also clean the throttle body. Clean them with carb cleaner. What happens over time is they build up with carbon and it causes the idle air control motor to stick and the carbon will also restricted the air flow at idle and either one will cause the problem you are describing.

Edited by brownjeff on 10/14/2009 at 12:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It didn't work, car still almost stalls at idle.
Have you checked for a vacuum leak? If not try plugging off the vacuum hoses one at a time and see if the idle changes. Also check the intake gasket for a leak.