Mike, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 10 years experience with porsche, ase and porsche master technician
24587295

HOW DO I PROGRAM A REMOTE KEY FOR MY PORSCHE BOXSTER

The only way to program a boxster remote is with the factory porsche tester, you need the programming code from porsche, and rhe remote code that comes with the new remote. You will need to find a shop with a factory tester or a dealer to program the hey
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

let me ask you a different way.

My remote that came with the car does not want to work anymore the battery is good and the light works but it will not open the door or the back truck lid.

Is there anything I ca do myself to reprogram the ariginal key remote or do I still have to have the dealer do it?

The only thing you can do is replace the battery, if that did not work, tou most likely need a new remote