Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes
12331040

How do I replace the power steering hose in my kia optima 2004?

Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.

High pressure line or return line {basically, is it a dripper or a sprayer}

Scott.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It spray's when the wheel is turned. It is Not the hose that is directly connect to where you pour the power steering fluid. I hope that helps. It seems to be a longer looking hose than the other one. Thanks
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.

This is the pressure hose. Thank the good Lord that you have the 4 cyl and not the V6. You will have some room to do this.

Now, you will need a tubing wrench or crows foot to loosen the fitting on the steering rack. You will also may need to raise the vehicle to get to the rack fittings. {it is easier}

I will attach the procedure and some disclaimers below.

Scott.

***********DANGER LIFTING VEHICLE*****************

********THE VEHICLE WILL NEED TO BE RAISED UP TO PREFORM THIS REPAIR.
THIS CLIENT IS NOTIFIED THAT A SUITABLE LIFTING DEVICE AND SUPPORTING
DEVICE SHOULD BE USED WHEN PREFORMING ANY REPAIR UNDER THE VEHICLE.
NEVER TRUST A JACK WITHOUT SUITABLE SUPPORTING DEVICES. A UNSTABLE
VEHICLE CAN FALL AND KILL ANYONE UNDER IT. THIS EXPERT HAS INFORMED
THE CLIENT AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IMPROPER LIFTING
AND SUPPORTING OF A VEHICLE*************

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

Edited by Scott on 10/10/2009 at 3:04 PM EST
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes
Expert:  Scott replied 4 years ago.
Had to add disclaimer in bold above. Any other questions, let me know.