Kat
Kat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  21 years automotive experience and 8 1/2 years NISSAN factory trained technician
456519

kia: minor accident..alarm..of the doors are open will not stop going

Customer Question

My kia pergio was involved in a minor accident there seems to be no damage however the alarm that goes off when any of the doors are open will not stop going. I am hoping there is some way to disbale the beeping sound.

Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Kat replied 7 years ago.
Was the damage to the front of the vehicle and is the hood damaged?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes to front right hand side. The hood is slightly damaged
Expert:  Kat replied 7 years ago.
I am wondering if you have a sensor under the hood that would activate the alarm if someone were to try to open the hood while the alarm is set. If so, it might be that the hood is not pressing down on the sensor enough because of the damage and the alarm is going off because it thinks the hood is being opened. If you can get the hood open, look around the edges of the fenders or along the front core support and see if there is a sensor that is possibly being affected by this damage. If so, unplug it and see if you keep having this problem.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
we will just check if this is right
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi

Unfortunately that has not fixed the problem

Expert:  Kat replied 7 years ago.
Well it was worth a try. I will opt out so that maybe another expert can assist you with the correct answer. Have a good night and good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much for your time
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for the help we can not wait any longer therefore we are off to the mechanic.