Car expert
Car expert, ASE Certified Technician

p300: sel light came..p0301,p0303,p0305 and p0307

Customer Question

I have a 2002 discovery with 108,000 miles , about two years ago I had a 1999 used engine with 14,000 miles put on. The engine has not given any problems till about two months ago when the sel light came on with codes p1300,p0300,p0301,p0303,p0305 and p0307. Since then I have changed the plugs and wires and reset code. drove it for two minutes and the same codes came back on. Had compression and vacuum test done everything checked out fine. Moved both o2 sensors on the right to left and left to right thinking it might be a bad o2 sensor, then I reset code and same codes back on. Took the intake manifold out swarped the coils thinking one might be bad and replaced the inlet manifold gasket. Reset codes drove it about two minutes the same codes back. Have put seafom in the gas,oil and in the intake, but the codes won't leave I just don't know what else I can check or change. This morning the sel light started flashing and i pulled over and counted about 33 flashes I don't know if that means something or not.Need help stuck. Thanks Mediscovery
Category: Car
Expert:  Car expert replied 7 years ago.
well you have really covered alot of ground , we either have a valve problem ,but i ususally see clues in the compression test, i would have to put my money on bad injectors we will need to remove them and test fire them on the fuel rail