moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 30 years Dealer EXP
13195827

drivers side window..mechanism..raises and lowers it (power window)

The drivers side window has become unattached to the mechanism that raises and lowers it (power window), there were 4 pieces of white plastic in the
bottom of the window well. Where can I get the plastic replacement parts and what do they attach to besides the metal piece at the bottom of both ends of the glass.
Category: Car
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
Those are parts of the window regulator and will come on the new regulator when you get one
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
ALLDATA OnlineHome | Account | Contact ALLDATA | Log Out | Help
Select Vehicle | New TSBs | Technician's Reference
Component Search:
Conversion Calculator

2001 Oldsmobile Alero V6-3.4L VIN E

Vehicle Level Body and Frame Doors, Hood and Trunk Front Door Window Regulator Service and Repair Front Door Window Regulator - Power
Front Door Window Regulator - Power
Notes

REMOVAL PROCEDURE

1. Lower the window to the down position.
  2. Remove the door trim panel.
  3. Remove the door water deflector.
  4. Remove the window to regulator bolts.
  5. Push the window to its full up position and tape in place.
  6. Remove the nuts from the regulator cover plate.
  7. Remove the regulator drive cable from the rear of the cover plate and remove the cover plate from the door.

1. Disconnect the electric connector to the motor.

1. Remove the regulator bolts (1,2,3).
  2. Pivot the regulator (right door clockwise, left door counterclockwise) and slide the assembly out of the door.
  3. Remove the regulator from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1. Partially install the three bolts (2) to hang the regulator in the door.
  2. Position the regulator in the door and hang it in place. NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
  3. Install the regulator bolts. Tighten Tighten the regulator bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb in) .

1. Install the electrical connector to the motor.

1. Slide the window down to join the regulator.
  2. Install the window to the regulator bolts. Tighten Tighten the window to regulator bolts to 10 N.m (89 lb in) .
  3. Install the regulator cover plate nuts. Tighten Tighten the regulator cover plate nuts to 10 N.m (89 lb in).

IMPORTANT: The regulator drive cable goes into position (2) for the coupe and position (3) for the sedan.

1. Install the regulator drive cable (1) to the rear of the cover plate.
  2. Check the operation of the window.
  3. Install the water deflector.
  4. Install the door trim panel.

© 2009 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech 30 years Dealer EXP