joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase certifed technician foreign and domestic

2004 hyundai accent: for all 3 gears

2004 hyandai accent---a year ago the gear in the transmission blew into pieces and i had the transmission rebuilt.a year later when i start out it hesitates and the it will jerk when i hit 45mph unless i take my foot off the gas then the rpms will drop , now i have to do it for all 3 gears. This does not happen all the time. I took it back to the repair place they put it on the computer but it showed no problems. What could be causing this to happen.
Category: Car
Expert:  joe replied 7 years ago.
hiCustomer You may not be having a problem with your tranny this time, before condemning the tranny, I would look into the crank position sensor being faulty or the mass airflow sensor, both will cause the same symptoms, have alook at the crank first