Roadside Jerry
Roadside Jerry, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Auto Mehanic 39 years,30 with the NYPD Fleet Service Division

95 Saab: my 2002..Dealership is quoting $1300 for new key

Customer Question

Lost key to my 2002 95 Saab. Dealership is quoting $1300 for new key and all that goes with it. When a key ( my only key ) is lost what truly has to be done?
Category: Car
Expert:  Roadside Jerry replied 7 years ago.

Hi, your car is equipped with an anti theft system. the TWICE module {theft warning integrated control electronics} would need to be reprogramed along with replacing the keys. The module is located under the seat and requires the seat be removed for access to remove it . The dealer has the tools to reprogram the module. Some licensed locksmiths have invested in the tooling to do this. You may want to check in your area if on has,they may do it for less than the dealer. I am going to send information on a company that does this for the trade,they charge 450.00 for this service by sending the module to them. I am also sending a link to a video showing how the module is removed from the vehicle.