jagmaster
jagmaster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 years Jaguar Master, Land Rover Master, Aston Martin certified
19947836

There an adjustment for air pressure on rear suspension..Sedan

Customer Question

Is there an adjustment for air pressure on rear suspension for Rolls 1985 Centinary Sedan. No leaks in shocks but is very hard ride on bumps
Category: Car
Expert:  jagmaster replied 7 years ago.
No there is no adjustment. It's pretty much the way it is. You should make sure the tyre pressures are set too hard. The only other thing that could make it hard, would be the springs themselves.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Is there some kind of pressur4e releif valve that may not be working?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is not a normal condition. The car has always had an elegant ride, only lately has the rear end started tobe higher and the ride over rough road been very hard. Tire pressure is correct and i any other thoughts before I accep?
Expert:  jagmaster replied 7 years ago.
It does sound like the control valve has over pressurized it. You'll need a specialist to look at that and see. It's got to be something tied to the spring
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i AM GOING TO ACCEPT AS i ASKED HELP. tRULY, YOU DID NOT GIVE ME ANY THING NEW AND IT SEEMS AS YOU AND i HAVE ABOUT THE SAME KNOWLEDGE O FTHE CAR. i ONLY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE IT AND IT WAS A REALLY GREAT RIDE BEFORE THIS CHANGE CAME ALONG. tHE CAR ONLY HAS 75000 ON IT.
Expert:  jagmaster replied 7 years ago.
The girling hydrolic suspension system that your vehicle has is pretty specialized. The load leveller is probably the problem but I have never personally seen one lock in the raised position. Usually they sag. I apologize that you feel I am incompetant but I am actually fairly intelligent. I can honestly say though that I have attempted to my best ability help you. This kind of thing is very difficult without seeing and diagnosing in person.