Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2003 Montero Sport: 3.0 V6..shocks..ride..rough spot in the road

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Montero Sport 3.0 V6. I had the shocks replaced and now the ride is very stiff. When I hit a rough spot in the road the car bounces around and is hard to keep in the lane..??
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt J replied 7 years ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be more than happy to assist you.

Do you know if the shop replaced the struts with OEM Mitsubishi Struts, Aftermarket Struts, or Performance Adjustable Struts?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This particular vehicle has shocks all around..I can't locate the invoice but I think they were K&S or something like that. They are a lifetime shock..The ride is very stiff which I don't mind, but the problem is that when I hit a rough spot, the car doesn't absorb the impact it bounces and is hard to control..
Expert:  Matt J replied 7 years ago.
Was it the front, rear or all replaced
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
All were replaced at the same time..Car has fresh shocks all around, new brakes front and back and had a recent alignment and the tires are good..
Expert:  Matt J replied 7 years ago.

The front suspension has struts on the front and shock on the rear.

How much wear each strut on the front.

I need to try to determine if you replaced the strut or the whole strut assembly.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I located the invoice. In April 2009 @ 82,000 miles I had 4 new shocks installed. The 2 front shocks were KYB Part #344294 and the rear 2 were Part #344295 The car currently has 89,000 miles..Thanks
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.