brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

my 2004 lancer ralliart has a rough idle, it does not stall

Customer Question

my 2004 lancer ralliart has a rough idle, it does not stall if i put the a/c on and i have hooked up a code reader and have no codes! i cleaned the throttle body and set my valve lash, changed the air filter and plugs! jus wondering if u had any ideas?? also could the fuel filter cause this?? i have around 180 000 kms on it!!

any help would be appreciated THANKS
Category: Car
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
Unlikely the fuel filter, but would suggest cleaning the fuel injectors. Also suggest cleaning the idle speed control motor in the throttle body if you didn't do it when cleaning the throttle body.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my car doesnt have an IAC motor it just has the TPS sensor in the throttle body or are those one and the same?? could that be whats causing my headaches
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
What size engine is in the car?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
2.4 L Mivec
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

Yes your right the 2.0L has the idle control motor not the 2.4L

I suggest cleaning the injectors as from your description this is the most likely cause. The holes get plugged up and they do not spray a good pattern.