lnsmman58, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  ICAR Certified, A/C Certified, Plastic Repair Certified, 30 Years Experience

96 rodeo: No charge to battery, new alt..checked fuses

Customer Question

Hi 96 rodeo. No charge to battery, new alt. and checked fuses and fusable links any idea. Truck only has 92,000 miles on it hate to loose it
Category: Car
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.
Its very possible you got a bum new Alternator, I'd have your local parts store run a test on it. A good place to start. Also check all connections, make sure you have power going to the alternator. An alternator requires voltage going to it in order for it to put out voltage.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
put 2 new alts. in- not that- theres definately a break in an electric current somewhere
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.

Well that could be a toughy then. I wish I could tell you where to go with it, but if it were me i'd just start looking for broken or shorted wires. Make sure that all connections are good. I wish I could have been more help. I wish you the best of luck here!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok thanks anyway
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.
You are welcome, I wish I had more info to give you.