lnsmman58
lnsmman58, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  ICAR Certified, A/C Certified, Plastic Repair Certified, 30 Years Experience
8380301

Is there anr good reason to roate tires?

Category: Car
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.
Since this is a general car question I Rotating the tires will promote even tire wear and extend the life of the tire. It is recommended by the tire manufacter company. Rebalancing is another issue. If you feel a vibration at all or see a cupping type wear on your tires I'd recommend a rebalance also. If your tires run smooth and show no cupping, just a rotation would be fine.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am intrigued by the several levels of payment offered to get your aswer. I am assuming that from your knowledge you would have given me the same answer no metter how satified I am. Was there more than one satisfactory answer to this question, depending on the degree of my satisfaction?

Also if the tires are balanced now, why would their position on the car change that?
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.
I'm just out to help people out no matter the value of the question, a person can pay whatever they feel like paying. To answer your question. Rotaton doesn't affect the balance of the tires, if they run smooth then only do a rotation. A cars front end has a tendency wearing the tires differently then the rear end, a rotation just helps you get the most wear and miles possible out of your tires.