Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

How do I fix a flashing air bag light on an Infiniti J30?

Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
When the airbag light flashes it means the airbag module detected a problem somewhere in the system. The most common cause is a failing clockspring which is a winding of wire behind the steering wheel that goes to the horn and airbag. At this point the only thing you can do is bring your vehicle to a shop with a high end scantool so they can access the diagnostic codes in the airbag module. The code will pinpoint which part of the system is malfunctioning but without the code there is no starting point. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks