Mazda Ed
Mazda Ed, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Mazda Master Technician, GM and Ford factory trained. 15 years experience!
5624692

RX8..000 miles..The dealer says I need new motor mounts

I have a 2005 RX8 with 49,000 miles in the kansas City area. The dealer says I need new motor mounts. Says they failed because of age and temperature. I suspect they were damaged during a engine change.

Is it reasonable to expect failure from normal driving in 4 years and 50,0000 in this car.

Lyle
Category: Car
Expert:  Mazda Ed replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

There is actually a factory bulletin about the engine mounts cracking (01-001/09). Dealers were to replace both engine mounts. If you are still under the factory warranty then they should be replaced at no cost to you. They actually changed to material of the rubber to fix this defect.