Daryl, Shop Owner, Certified Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

04 Kia optima: the car 20k on 2nd clutch and 15 on 3rd..Mechanic says

I have a '04 Kia optima with clutch problems. This is the 3rd clutch put in 86k on the car 20k on 2nd clutch and 15 on 3rd. Mechanic says 2000 to do the job. to include new fly wheel How many hours should the job take and what is a fair price for the job How much should a new fly wheel cost
Category: Car
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 years ago.
I have estimated that the price given is not to far off I figured about $900.00 for just a clutch change and the flywheel is very expensive at around $900.00 or so. This is about a 8 hour job.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This being the 3rd clutch for the car could this be considered a lemon of a car...I'm sick of buying new clutches Is that a problem with the 04 kia's??
Expert:  Daryl replied 7 years ago.
I have not seen these have clutch problems before, as for it being considered a lemon I do not think this would qualify although it does sound like you are having a lot of problems with yours.