Lil Hammer
Lil Hammer, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ase technician, Maryland state inspector

1986 928s with 20,700 miles ...notice when I tested it

Customer Question

I have a 1986 928s with 20,700 miles . I just bought it and have a problem I did not notice when I tested it . I own it now along with the problem. The front wheel pulls to the right. The wheel also vibrates side to side after about 50-60 miles an hour .Recent bills in the last 6 months show - 2 new front tires - balanced Idler arm 4 wheel allignment . Guess they were trying to fix the problem. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Lil Hammer replied 7 years ago.

Try rotating the front tires right front to left front. If the pull changes direction you have a bad tire. Yes brand new tires do this sometimes. Also sometimes when you cross rotate the pull will just go away. If that does not work try rotating the front tires to the back.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have switched front to back with no change
Check the springs to see if they are broken . Cross rotate the front tires anyway. Have the alignment checked again and make sure that you see the specs and that they are indeed in range. The vibration is a tire or a bad rim.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not try side to side but rotated tires front to back . What more info do you need