Kat
Kat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  21 years automotive experience and 8 1/2 years NISSAN factory trained technician
456519

2008 jeep compass: My power windows do not work

My power windows do not work on my 2008 jeep compass and i can not find the fuse, where is located if any?
Category: Car
Expert:  Kat replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a 2.0 or a 2.4 ltr and is it 2wd or 4wd?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2.4 ltr and it is 2wd.
Expert:  Kat replied 4 years ago.
All I can find is the power is supposed to be coming from a 30 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
checked all fuses under the hood none was burnt.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
checked all fuses under the hood none was burnt. but the owners manual does not show a fuse for the power windows.
Expert:  Kat replied 4 years ago.
Here is what I have. If you have a volt meter or multimeter you can perform these tests.
If you are wiling to try I can try to get you the info for the pin numbers, such as wire colors and so forth.

POWER WINDOWS

WIRING VOLTAGE TEST

The following wiring test determines whether or not voltage is continuous through the body harness to the front switch.

1. Remove the power window switch and bezel.
  2. Disconnect wire connector from back of power window switch.
  3. Switch ignition to the ON position.
  4. Connect the clip end of a 12 volt test light to Pin 4 of the window switch harness connector. Touch the test light probe to Pin 3.
    • If the test light illuminates, the wiring circuit between the battery and switch is OK.
    • If the lamp does not illuminate, first check 30 amp circuit breaker in the fuse block. If circuit breaker is OK, then check for a broken wire.

For complete circuit diagrams, refer to the appropriate wiring information.

POWER WINDOW MOTOR TEST

If the power window motor is receiving proper current and ground and does not operate, proceed with motor test.

1. Remove front door trim panel as necessary to gain access to power window motor wire connector.
  2. Disconnect power window motor wire connector from door harness.
  3. Using two jumper wires, connect one to a battery (+) source and the other to a good ground (-).
  4. Connect the Negative (-) jumper probe to one of the motor connector terminals.
  5. Momentarily touch the Positive (+) jumper probe to the other motor connector terminal.

When positive probe is connected the motor should rotate in one direction to either move window up or down. If window is all the way up or down the motor will grunt and the inner door panel will flex when actuated in that one direction.

1. Reverse jumper probes at the motor connector terminals and window should now move in opposite direction. If window does not move or grunt, replace the motor.
If window moved completely up or down, reverse the jumper probes and cycle window to the opposite position to verify full operation.

If motor grunts and does not move, verify that regulator is not binding.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I should have told you that all 4 windows are down and all 4 windows do not work either from the drivers door or the other doors
Expert:  Kat replied 4 years ago.
If you perform test number 4 on the list then you will know that the fuse you are looking for is ok. If you do not have power then we need to back track to the source.
Kat, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 21 years automotive experience and 8 1/2 years NISSAN factory trained technician