NicksSticks, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ford Drivetrain and Chassis Master, ASE Master Technician

I have a mazda 626 with and electric window stuck down when

Customer Question

I have a mazda 626 with and electric window stuck down when I here from you I will fill you in on where i am at
Category: Car
Expert:  NicksSticks replied 7 years ago.
Hi, can I please have details on what is going on.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX would like to help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have and electric window on passenger side that is stuck down. I pulled the car door interior cover and pulled the switch out and tried a jumper combination , I was given to get window up which is this combination(jumper green/white to red wire, then take a second jumper and connect black red to green wire and turn on ignition key which i did but the window went to all the way open, and I need another combination of jumping or a manual way to get the window closed until i can get a switch to replace.
Hi!, most likely if your switch failed, the master switch should still be able to operate the passenger window, and the chances of both of them failing at the same time, is extremly slim to none. Give me a minute to review the circuit, and I will get back to you very soon.
Thank you for your patience.
Hi dennis, I can help you get your window up, but I need you to do a couple tests which
might sound confusing, because I feel as though your passenger side switch is not what has failed, and would like if we could try and diagnos this together, with a few easy to do steps, which will most likely get your window up and get it working without you having to buy any parts. (or spend money!)
If you feel my answers at antime are silly and you don't want to hear it, let me know and I will opt out, but this is real life shop experience talking.
follow these few steps please:
1: reconnect all window switch connectors and door panel connectors that where unplugged during door panel removal (dont have to reinstall panel, just connect the connectors)
2: your drivers side master switch, I would like you to press up for the passenger window, with good pressure for a couple of seconds, then tap down about five times, kind of like typing a key, rapidly, then up again five times. Then apply pressure to the up position again for about five seconds
3: repeat the same thing as described above on the passenger switch (if the window didn't already go up)
4: last with the door panel off, use your fist and bang where the motor is while holding the up position, don't hurt your hand please!
5: If it goes up or dosnt let me know, even if you get it up, so I can save you some time and money.