lnsmman58
lnsmman58, Auto Body Repairer
Experience:  ICAR Certified, A/C Certified, Plastic Repair Certified, 30 Years Experience
8380301

Toyota pickup: mounted..a/c unit on my animal hauling trailer..12vdc

Customer Question

I have a 110v roof mounted a/c unit on my animal hauling trailer. I would like to convert that to a 12vdc unit run from my toyota pickup. Is this possible using a inverter with 2500w continuous and 5000w peak? Hopefully this is doable. Thanks for any help. Duane Frederick [email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.

I think this link would have what you are looking for, actually at a much better price then I thought they would. I hope this helps you out!

http://www.theinverterstore.com/the-inverter-store-product.php?model=pwrinv2500w-top-rgb

Scott

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have been told that this would not be good for the altenator. I have to instll the inverter in the cargo box and would need to use 2AWG wire ti carry the load. I need a little more detail. Would I have to install more batteries or what?
Expert:  lnsmman58 replied 7 years ago.

I would go right to the support on the site sent you and ask them these specific question. My guess is that if you are going to run for very long you will need many batteries, but they should be able to answer them with a conclusive answer. I hope you get the info you need, goodluck.

Scott