Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

1999 hyundai tiburon fx: wher is the fuel pump shut off switch located

wher is the fuel pump shut off switch located in a 1999 hyundai tiburon fx?
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Hyundais do not come with a fuel cut-off switch. That is a Ford only feature.

If fuel pump is not running, you need to check the fuel pump relay located in the passenger compartment fuse/relay box. If relay is good, you need to check for power to the fuel pump. The fuel pump is accessible by removing the rear seat bottom cushion:

Disconnect the harness connector and check for 12v when key is turned on. IF present, then fuel pump needs to be replaced:

COMPONENTS

REMOVAL AND INSTALLATION
1.Remove the mounting bolts (12 mm) and bracket from the rear seat back.

2.Remove the mounting bolts (12 mm) from the rear seat cushion.

3.Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.

Remove the rear seat cushion.
2.To reduce the internal pressure of the fuel lines and hoses, first start the engine and then disconnect the electrical fuel pump connector. Be sure to reduce the fuel pressure before disconnecting the fuel main pipe and hose otherwise fuel will spill out.
3.Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal of the battery.
4.Remove the high pressure hose and fuel return hose.
5.Remove the fuel pump assembly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm not getting power to the new fuel pump and the relay is good what should I do?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Are you getting power out of the relay, going to the fuel pump, but just nothing at the fuel pump?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I'm getting power from the relay but nothing to the fuel pump.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, all you can do is physically trace the wiring harness for any breaks, chafing, and check for where it loses voltage at. There isnt a shortcut at this point, it is just a matter of physically running down the wiring

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience: Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor