Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

saloon cars..speed bumps and bad roads give me a lot of pain.

hello! like many other people i have a big back problem and i like the high sitting position of the suv cars but i heard that generally speaking the lower - saloon cars have a better feeling over speed bumps than suv's. is it true? speed bumps and bad roads give me a lot of pain. what type of car should i buy?

[email protected]
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 7 years ago.
Hi,how are you?A car is going to handle and ride better over speed bumps and pot holes etc,mainly because it's just lower to the ground,a benefit to the suv as far as back problems go is it is higher up,and easy to get in and out of.My suggestion is this,depending on your price range,I'm sure you have always heard nothing rides like a Cadillac,well lincoln is right there with it.These cars are more expensive,but they have great suspension and air ride options,so you could consider the escalade which is Cadillac or the navigator which is lincoln.These two vehicle are suvs,but have the luxury of riding like a luxury car,so it is the best of both in one,hope this helps you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
thanks but in my country Cyprus there are not these cars. mainly there are Nissan, Honda, toyota, mitsubishi, the Germans Audi, VW, Skoda, BMW, Mercedes the French Renault and Pegeuot and Ford. i like Audi Q5, Nissan Quashgai and Skoda yeti are value for money, VW Tiquan... I realised that i should go for a luxury car and not an suv or at least an suv with a luxury of riding like a luxury car. from those manufacturers above which model have the best ride and handling performance combined with the high sitting position of an suv?
Hi,from the list above,i would suggest the Audi Q5 or the vw tiquan,for the ride and comfort,and also the height in which will help on your back,i believe you will be pleased with either of these vehicles.