Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic,foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

02 lincoln town car misfiring and lurching around 55 mph

Hi,how are you?Have you done or had any work done to the car?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No work yet. It just started on its own. Just started changing the fuel mixture around a bit.
When the mpg is <19/20 it was firing fine.
When the mpg is >22.4/22.5 it starts to misfire and lurch.

Thanks!
Ok,this car is in need of a tune up from what you are describing,on these cars often times they will show the signs of a misfire,at higher rpms,my suggestion is to replace plugs,wires,coil or coil overs,hope this helps.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can you be more specific. all plugs or which coil, or which cyl is misfiring? 8 cyls of coils and plugs =$$$
<p>My suggestion is always to replace all plugs and all coils at one time,because in a month from just replacing one,you are doing it again to another cylinder,how ever i know how expensive it is,so replace all plugs and the coils on the cylinder or cylinders that are misfiring,auto zone can scan it for free for you to let you know which cylinder.</p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok. Thanks Mike!Laughing
Thank you.