jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

Tracker: tow..2wd..manual transmission behing a motor home

Customer Question

can i flat tow a geo tracker 2wd manual transmission behing a motor home without doing any damage to the transmission.
Category: Car
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 7 years ago.
hello, I would always disconnect the driveshaft at the drive axle(rear end) and secure the driveshaft to the body when towing any vehicle just to prevent any damage occuring,I have tow barred many cars and have always done so , the problem is that you are still turning the transmission if you dont, it is best not to take a chance....guy
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
! asked a specific question on a specific car a 1997 geo tracker, the answer received is a general answer for all cars. The question still is if I purchase an 1997 geo tracker with a maual transmission can I flat tow it behind a motor home with out doing damage to the geo tracker. YES or NO. forget the general advise that is oput their t0 remove or disconnect the drive shaft.
not unless you disconnect the driveshaft or

Tracker Models

Note: Locking the steering column when towing your vehicle may damage the steering column. Always unlock the steering column before towing.

Important:
^Two-wheel drive Trackers cannot be dinghy(flat towed) towed. Two-wheel drive models MUST be towed with the rear drive wheels on a dolly.

^The towing speed must not exceed 90 km/h (55 mph