GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Bcm..the content theft deterrent arm/disarm mode..silverado..unlocked

Customer Question

how do you go into bcm programming mode to change the content theft deterrent arm/disarm mode on a silverado 2009 to where it disarms when the door is unlocked with the key.
Category: Car
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 7 years ago.
Welcome. YOu have a 2004 and a 2009 listed, can you verify the year?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It does not appear that you are able to disable the content theft system unless to you are to Hack the BCM software manually turn it off. This is not something I recommend nor do I know of any places that can. As far as I know, GM does not and can not.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not want to disable ctd I want to change the mode for arming/disarming from the current mode that requires the keyfob to disarm to the mode the will disarm when the door is unlocked with the key. currently if you lock the door with the power door lock when leaving you must use the keyfob to disarm or the alarm goes off. I know it can be changed a friend changed his, but he can't find the sequence to get into BCM programming on it. with the 2004 you pulled the bcm pgm fuse and turned the key to acc an back, then used the parking light switch to toggle modes for arm/disarm
The manuals, both service and Owners don't show one, but if your friend uses a key to lock, then it is not active. These systems will arm with a fob or if the truck is locked electrically. Manually they do not lock.