JHoop, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

Will a starter drain a battery if the car is off over night?

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me, is the ignition on?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My ignition switch is turned completely off and I also noticed that when I go to start the car the starter drags and then turns the motor over.The battery,again ,is fully charged.What you think that might be?
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 7 years ago.
Hello, The chance is there however only 1 in a million, not to mention would fry battery cables & blowup the battery.....Joey
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Still need help.
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing I am a new expert.Can we start with the year, make, model, and engine size please?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
89 Buick LeSabre,V-6,3800,I have a new battery,new alternator,almost every morning when I go to sart my car,the starter drags & then crank the car up.What is wrong with that picture & how can I solve that problem.
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
If the starter drags when the battery is fully charged, the battery cables have been cleaned from hard deposits, and all connections are tight, then the starter should be replaced. If you have any more questions or need any diagrams, please dont hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Need a diagram or pictures on how to replace the starter on that model car if you have it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Whats best starter but not too expensive,that I can get for that car? Show me a picture if you have one.
Expert:  JHoop replied 7 years ago.
I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop