dr914jr, Technician
Experience:  I am a second generation Porsche technician and restoration specialist.

What does option 670 navigation mean (this is referring to

Customer Question

What does option 670 navigation mean (this is referring to a 2008 Porsche Carrera) does it mean I can add navigation to the car? and how much would this cost?
Category: Car
Expert:  dr914jr replied 7 years ago.
The 670 is a Porsche option code referring to 670- PCM2 navigation. It is simply a code that allows owner to be better informed of the options that are available for a specific model. The codes also help the factory during the assembly process. That option was available for your car but that doesn't mean adding it would be cost effective in the least. Depending on your budget an aftermarket solution may be a better option. That being said most cars can have almost any option installed after the car has been sold. The instillation will likely require that some factory console parts be replaced due to compatibility and spacing issues. The cost of the necessary parts and labor will vary depending on the shop that preform the instillation but with a beautiful 08 the dealer is by far your best option.