Parts Expert
Parts Expert, Auto Parts Compnay Owner
Experience:  Over 20 years of Delership OEM auto parts experience. I Now Own My Own Auto Parts Company.

Information center..10 seconds..the auto center

Customer Question

Information center has one time took about 5-10 seconds to come on. Also while that is happenning the a/c and the auto headlights do not work. This morning the info center when completely out and the a/c does not work or the auto headlights. Can you help me, I used to work on Pontiacs, but now I work for Toyota dealership that used to be GM dealership. So any help would be appreciated.
Submitted: 7 years ago via
Category: Car
Expert:  Parts Expert replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like your BCM or Body Control Module May defective. This item controls all the Systems that your are having problems with. This is a common issue on these cars. The module usually runs around $200 from a dealer but should fix your problem. These do usually require programming, and your local Pontiac dealer can program a new one for you. Unfortuantely the only way to properly dignose them is to have them hooked up to the computer at a pontiac dealer or reputable shop.