Parts Expert
Parts Expert, Auto Parts Compnay Owner
Experience:  Over 20 years of Delership OEM auto parts experience. I Now Own My Own Auto Parts Company.

2007 bentley Flying Spur from a salvage without a keyfob

Customer Question

Hello All, I recently purchased a 2007 Bentley "Flying Spur" from a salvage yard. I received it without a Keyfob. I know they are very expensive. Is there anyway to get my car to run without taking it to a dealer, purchasing a Bentley Keyfob, having it programmed, and taking it in the shorts? I will produce the bill of sale and title with VIN to show that this is not a stolen car. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX [email protected] phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Category: Car
Expert:  Parts Expert replied 7 years ago.

Unfortuantely Taking it to the dealer is the only option and here is why. The key fob contains a microchip that must be recognized by the car. The only way around this is to replace the Enncoded module with a new one, along with a new key, which defeats the purpose. It sounds bad, but the key is actually the cheapest way to go. It is s bentley, so you do not want to tear apart and repalce anything you dont have too.